Try a quick pinprick to the reset button located on the bottom panel of the device should restore it to perfect working order.(If this doesn't work go to step 2)
Restore from the recovery menu (Hold the power button to the right and you hit the reset button, and you get a recovery mode menu).(If this doesn't work go to step 3.)
Download the Creative Zen Recovery Tool From Here
MP3 recovery tools requieremnts
Before attempting to use the MP3 recovery Tool, please verify you have read the following requirements.
- Ensure that you are using Windows XP® Service Pack 2 32-bit, Windows XP Professional x64 Edition or Windows Vista™ (32-bit or 64-bit version).
- Back up the contents of your player, if possible, as recovering your player may require it to be formatted.
- Make sure your player's battery is at least 50% charged.
Ensure that you are using an up to date version of Windows XP or Vista
There are various versions of the Microsoft Windows operating system. Depending on the version you have, settings or applications on your computer may differ. To check which version is on your computer:
1. Click Start, and Run.
2. In the text field, type winver, and then click OK.
The window that appears will show you which version of Windows installed on your PC (1). If your operating system has a service pack installed, you will see the service pack listed (2).
Back up the contents of your player if possible,
In order to back up your player using Windows Media Player 11:
(1.) Open Windows Media Player 11.
(2.) Select your player on the left hand side. There will be a "*" icon listed next to the name of the player.
(3.) Select one of the following categories: Artist, Album, Songs or Genre.
(4.) Drag each of the contents under the category you have selected to the Sync List menu on the far right.
(5.) Click the Start Sync tab in the bottom of the Sync List to copy the files to your PC's hard drive.
Please make shure your player is charged at list 50%
(1.) Connect the player to a USB port on the back of a desktop PC, to a powered hub, or to a power adapter (separately available).
(2.) Check the display for the charging icon.
- As the display times out after a few seconds, press any button on the player to reactivate the display.
- If the battery is fully depleted, the charging icon may not be displayed. Check that the blue power LED (visible behind the Play/Pause or behind the Power button depending on the player) is glowing on and off repeatedly. This indicates that the player is successfully charging. After 1 hour of charging, power on the unit to activate the display. The charging icon should be displayed.
(3.) Allow the player to charge for at least 6 hours. During this time, if charging from a USB port, please ensure your PC does not enter a power conservation mode (Standby, Sleep, or Hibernate) as this will interrupt charging.I Hope that helps if not, let me know and I will do some more research.