Technical Support Engineers needed Red Hat.
Red Hat jobs UK (Farnborough)
Primary responsibilities include assisting with highly technical support requests from our enterprise customers in EMEA via the telephone and the Web while maintaining an extremely high level of customer satisfaction. Will also be expected to keep technical and non-technical skills current by participating in training courses and tending to personal development, all while working in a multicultural/multilingual technical team.
Relocation expenses will be offered to qualified candidates with EU work authorization.
Specific Duties/Primary Responsibilities:
• Perform initial or secondary investigation and respond to online and phone support requests
• Carrying out the necessary research and provide analysis to fully understand the issue
• Proposing workarounds if appropriate
• Proposing and discussing fixes, providing advice and educating customers
• Interfacing with engineering, product management and support management when necessary in
order to prioritise customers' requests
• Incorporating your findings in Red Hat's knowledge base Skills
• Fluency in English and or another european language(Spanish,Italian,German) and spoken
Demonstrable commercial Linux experience in the enterprise sector - configuration, troubleshooting, debugging, system admin etc.
• Good theoretical knowledge of networking, UNIX-like services and concepts
• Advanced application debugging knowledge
• Basic kernel debugging and tuning knowledge
• Strong troubleshooting skills and a passion for problem solving and investigation
• Customer focus and service orientation
• Previous knowledge of support systems and tools
• Solid understanding of Open Source technologies and technical support environments
• Scripting abilities preferred (Perl/Python/Bash)
• Knowledge of enterprise storage solutions and clustering
• Knowledge of enterprise database solutions
• Prior participation in open source software projects is preferred
• Relevant technical degree or qualified by experience.
• RHCE or other Linux certification is preferred (although we will train and certificate successful candidates with an RHCE accreditation)
Please apply with a covering letter and CV (in English) to email@example.com